TOK란 Theory Of Knowledge, 즉 지식이론 , IB 교과과정의 핵심과목입니다.
IB 학위를 받으려면 이 과목을 꼭 통과해야합니다.
TOK에서도 두가지로 나뉘는데요, 바로 area of knowledge, ways of knowing으로 나뉩니다.
TOK수업은 다른과목에서 접한지식을 토대로 위의 분야에 알맞게끔 창의적으로 분석하도록 합니다.
TOK 커리큘럼은 core theme, optional themes, Areas of Knowledge (AOK): 총 세가지로 구성되었습니다.
개인과 공동체가 어떻게 지식을 습득하는지를 조사하게 됩니다. 학생들이 지식과 함께 문화와 공동체가 가지고 있는 관계 또한 자기성찰을 통해, 자신의 관점이 어떻게 얻어지고 형성되는지를 생각하도록 격려합니다.
Knowledge and technology
Knowledge and language
Knowledge and politics
Knowledge and religion
Knowledge and indigenous societies
중에 2가지 요소만 배우게 됩니다.
이 주제는 세상에 중요한 영향을 미치는 요소들에 대한 통찰력을 키워줍니다.
AOK, Area Of Knowledge
The human sciences
The natural sciences
5가지 모두 배우게됩니다.
각 AOK는 고유한 특성을 가지고 있으며 지식을 얻기 위해 다른 방법을 사용할 수 있습니다.
IB 학생들은 대부분 IB의 6개 과목 그룹과 연관성이 있기 때문에 AOK에 익숙해합니다.
Internal assessment- TOK exhibition (33%)
작년과 달리 프레젠테이션이 exhibition (core or optional)로 바뀌었습니다.
35개의 IA prompt중에 하나를 골라 세가지를 발표하면 됩니다.
또한, 조별과제가 아닌 개인으로 바뀌었으니 참고부탁드립니다.
1. What counts as knowledge?
2. Are some types of knowledge more useful than others?
3. What features of knowledge have an impact on its reliability?
4. On what grounds might we doubt a claim?
5. What counts as good evidence for a claim?
6. How does the way that we organize or classify knowledge affect what we know?
7. What are the implications of having, or not having, knowledge?
8. To what extent is certainty attainable?
9. Are some types of knowledge less open to interpretation than others?
10. What challenges are raised by the dissemination and/or communication of knowledge?
11. Can new knowledge change established values or beliefs?
12. Is bias inevitable in the production of knowledge?
13. How can we know that current knowledge is an improvement upon past knowledge?
14. Does some knowledge belong only to particular communities of knowers?
15. What constraints are there on the pursuit of knowledge?
16. Should some knowledge not be sought on ethical grounds?
17. Why do we seek knowledge?
18. Are some things unknowable?
19. What counts as a good justification for a claim?
20. What is the relationship between personal experience and knowledge?
21.What is the relationship between knowledge and culture?
22.What role do experts play in influencing our consumption or acquisition of knowledge?
23.How important are material tools in the production or acquisition of knowledge?
24.How might the context in which knowledge is presented influence whether it is accepted or rejected?
25.How can we distinguish between knowledge, belief and opinion?
26.Does our knowledge depend on our interactions with other knowers?
27.Does all knowledge impose ethical obligations on those who know it?
28. To what extent is objectivity possible in the production or acquisition of knowledge?
29. Who owns knowledge?
30. What role does imagination play in producing knowledge about the world?
31. How can we judge when evidence is adequate?
32. What makes a good explanation?
33. How is current knowledge shaped by its historical development?
34. In what ways do our values affect our acquisition of knowledge?
35. In what ways do values affect the production of knowledge?
External assessment- TOK essay (67%)
작년과 같이 IB가 발표한 6가지 주제중에 골라 1600자 에세이를 작성하면 됩니다.
Can there be knowledge that is independent of culture? Discuss with reference to mathematics and one other area of knowledge.
To what extent do you agree with the claim that “there’s a world of difference between truth and facts”. (Maya Angelou) Answer with reference to two areas of knowledge.
Is there solid justification for regarding knowledge in the natural sciences more highly than another area of knowledge? Discuss with reference to the natural sciences and one other area of knowledge.
How do historians and human scientists give knowledge meaning through the telling of stories? Discuss with reference to history and the human sciences.
How can we distinguish between good and bad interpretations? Discuss with reference to the arts and one other area of knowledge.
If we conclude that there is some knowledge we should not pursue on ethical grounds, how can we determine the boundaries of acceptable investigation within an area of knowledge? Discuss with reference to two areas of knowledge.